Sunday, June 16, 2013

Burt’s Bees - Anti-blemish Solutions – purifying daily cleanser

Burt's Bees - Anti-blemish Solutions - purifying daily cleanser
After trying almost everything on the market, I decided to opt for natural face cleansers. I have used everything from drug store products (like Neutrogena) to high end products, but to no avail! Most products dried my already sensitive skin. However, I recently came across positive reviews for Burt’s Bees products. I was specifically interested in its Anti-blemish Solutions – purifying daily cleanser. Formulated with Willow Bark and other natural ingredients, this product seemed promising. It has a very low (1.0%) concentration of salicylic acid; enough to deeply clean your pores without drying or irritating your skin too much.

The packaging reads: “this cleanser is proven to help wash away blemish causing bacteria, excess oil and impurities without over-drying or irritating skin. Salicylic Acid, derived naturally from Willow Bark Extract, penetrates pores to help reduce blemishes and prevent future breakouts. Evening Primrose and Beet Root Extracts help care for troubled skin resulting in clear and healthy-looking skin, naturally.”
 
Has a slight watery consistency
Although I recently started using this product, I find my combination skin does not react negatively to it. It cleans my face without over-drying it. I further like that the product is noncomedogenic; it will not block pores. However, like any supplement, medicine, or tropical ointment, it is best to slowly introduce it to your skin or body. Although the packaging directs that you wash your face (with the product) in the morning and evening, if you find your skin dry or tightened, I suggest you use a very small amount of product or only wash your face in the morning. This will allow the product to gradually introduce itself to your skin and settle in. 

The product retails for $14.99 CDN and contains 145 ml.

Overall, I find this cleanser deeply cleans my skin without causing any irritation. After washing my face in the morning, I apply a thin layer of Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (my new favourite moisturizer; review coming soon). I think it’s too soon to say if it will prevent future breakouts. However, your skin pumps out what you are putting in your body; if you lead a very unhealthy lifestyle with poor diet, no cleanser, or any product for that matter, can clear your skin!

So remember, eat clean, be active, and drink lots of water!

Till next post,
S.



No comments:

Post a Comment